St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the team who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
There are vacancies available at both Taunton and Yeovil hospice sites for this volunteer role.
If you have two years post-qualification experience or equivalent are able to demonstrate relevant and up to date CPD, and are looking to learn and develop your skills and can share in our vision and enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about this role and the work of St Margaret’s.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference
- A comprehensive training and development package
- Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Travel expenses paid for some training/
- Support from your service coordinator
- Regular update opportunities including. newsletters and events
- A uniform, facilities and equipment are provided.
- The commitment of a Complementary Therapist volunteer will be discussed and agreed by the Complementary Therapy Lead, Volunteer Coordinator and the Volunteer prior to commencement of the role
- You are required to attend induction and update training
Brief description of main tasks and activities
The Complementary Therapist Volunteer is responsible for enhancing the care being given to the patients, by the staff forming the multi-disciplinary team by providing Complementary Therapies, as directed, to palliative care patients, carers or bereaved relatives.
Provision of 2 therapies is desirable, including at least one of the following:
Reflexology- level 3+
Aromatherapy- level 3+
Massage- level 3+
(All therapies must meet the national occupational standards).
You are required to have your own insurance and be a member of a registered association for professional therapists.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- People skills
- Transferable skills
- Communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative ideas
- Empathetic and caring personality
- Ability to use IT technology for recording of therapies provided
- Ability to operate within boundaries and according to procedures
- Ability to provide welcoming and safe environment
How to apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity please complete an application form by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions about this role, or require a paper copy of the application, please contact the Volunteering Team on 01823 333822 / 01935 709480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.