St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the maintenance team who will assist the estates team with simple maintenance jobs and routine checking of equipment at the hospice sites.
This is a voluntary role and based at either Yeovil or Taunton sites.
If you are looking to share your skills in maintenance and can share in our vision and enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about this role and the work of St Margaret’s.
This role would suit someone who is sociable and enjoys meeting new people. We are always looking for people who have particular skills and qualifications in electrics and plumbing, but a person with lots of enthusiasm and willing to foot a ladder is always welcome.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference to our patients
- Role specific training provided by the maintenance team
- Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Travel expenses paid for some training
- Support from your service coordinator
- Regular update opportunities including newsletters and event
- Hours are flexible, throughout the days Monday-Friday
- Frequency can be weekly, fortnightly, monthly
Brief description of main tasks and activities
Maintenance volunteers assist our maintenance team with many different tasks both inside and outside of our buildings. As well assisting with weekly fire alarm testing they also assist with recording hot and cold water temperatures, and the condition of fixed firefighting equipment.
How to apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity please complete an application form by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions about this role, or require a paper copy of the application, please contact the Volunteering Team on 01823 333822 / 01935 709480 or email email@example.com.