St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the team who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
We have the following opportunity available:
- Taunton hospice: Fridays.
There is some flexibility with times, and this can be discussed upon enquiry.
If you have experience in kitchen procedures and food hygiene, are looking to learn and develop your skills and can share in our vision and enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about this role and the work of St Margaret’s.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference
- A comprehensive training and development package, including a session shadowing an existing volunteer or member of staff.
- Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Travel expenses paid for some training
- Support from your service coordinator
- Regular update opportunities including. newsletters and events
- Uniform is provided
- The commitment of a kitchen volunteer varies, times and frequency of shift are discussed and agreed prior to commencement of role
- You are required to attend induction and update training
Main tasks and activities
The kitchen volunteer is responsible for enhancing the service provision in our catering department by assisting with tasks in the kitchen alongside paid staff.
- Assist the kitchen to provide hospitality and catering services for patients, staff. volunteers and visitors
- Assist kitchen staff to keep the kitchen in a hygienic and serviceable condition
- Assist with washing up, restocking, cleaning tasks
We are looking for someone with the following
- People skills
- Transferable skills
- Communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative ideas
- Knowledge of kitchen procedures and food hygiene
- Willingness to assist and flexible approach
How to apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity please complete an application form by clicking the button below.
If you have any questions about this role, or require a paper copy of the application, please contact the Volunteering Team on 01823 333822 / 01935 709480 or email email@example.com.