What you will be doing
Supporting the Shop Manager to ensure the smooth operating of the eBay shop for their retail unit, to include:
- Assessing identified items, researching and deciding on selling price (using eBay and other sites as reference).
- Prepare goods for selling on eBay.
- Bring to the attention of the Shop Manager any defects in items set-aside for listing (if not already identified).
- Listing items on eBay, including taking photos of items and writing detailed descriptions.
- Responding to questions or queries relating to listings made.
- Packaging and arranging postage of items in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent customer feedback from buyers.
New skills and training you will gain
- Training and support will be given to ensure volunteers are comfortable and confident.
- Developing on-line retail skills and customer
This role would suit you if you
- Have experience and understanding of selling on eBay.
- Have an understanding of the charity sector and retail are desirable.
- Are computer literate with good written communication skills.
- Are able to work with minimal supervision but also as part of a team.
- Are able to work to deadlines.
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about building this side of the retail business.
To be discussed and agreed with shop manager
Supporting one of our Somerset based charity shops. There is the opportunity for part or all of this role to be undertaken from home.
Get in touch
If you are interested in this volunteering role please contact our Retail Team.
Phone: 01823 333822
Post: Volunteering Admin, St Margaret's Hospice Care, Heron Drive, Taunton TA1 5HA