St Margaret’s Hospice recognises that every person is an individual with different needs, preferences and abilities. We aim to reflect this diversity in everything we do, particularly when attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. We are committed to implementing policies designed to promote equality of opportunity in our employment practice.
Respect and Dignity
Our starting point is always to treat people fairly, with respect and dignity. We will not tolerate discrimination, victimisation or harassment. We will seek to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and trained on the basis of their aptitude, skills and ability.
Assessment will be based on the suitability of a person with the objective that no one is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We will ensure that the special needs of job applicants and employees are considered constructively, creatively, and in line with the spirit of disability legislation.
We aim to:
- Consistently achieve a standard approach throughout the recruitment and selection process
- Attract, develop and retain quality staff
- Maintain a professional image as an employing organisation both internally and externally
- Encourage promotion and transfers from within
- Provide opportunities for all staff to be considered for different and/or more senior positions
- Manage and look after our people to increase their levels of competence by developing their workplace skills, and empower them to increase their contribution to the range of work we do.
Coaching and mentoring support will be provided to build confidence and encourage personal growth.
We actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
We welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records. We have a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all applicants at the outset of the recruitment process.
We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, aptitude, qualifications and experience.
Click here to view our Employee Handbook.
- We are patient-centred
- We are compassionate
- We are respectful
- We are brave
- We are self-aware
- We are informed and driven