Taunton or Yeovil
Full time or part time hours available
Salary: £18,129.40 per annum
plus 14% unsocial hours' enhancement
An opportunity has arisen to join our Multi-Disciplinary Team within the community nursing team providing care in the community, hospice, In-patient Unit and day care setting. The role involves individual face to face contact with patients and families and joint team working with therapy staff – Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Specialist and Registered Nurses, and Social Workers.
- conducting assessments to provide equipment to aid daily living;
- treatment modalities such as: rehabilitation; breathlessness, fatigue and anxiety management;
- emotional and social support.
You should have:
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- English and Maths to GCSE grade A-C (or equivalent)
- flexibility to work across a range of care settings and shifts, including evenings, weekends.
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, the opportunity to develop new skills, and the satisfaction of being an integral part of the St. Margaret’s team helping make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset. Some of the benefits we provide include:
- The opportunity to remain in NHS pension scheme if already contributing (or have been within last 12 months). Alternatively you can join the Hospice pension plan.
- Recognising your continuous service date for holiday entitlement when you join the Hospice directly from the NHS or another hospice.
- Free car parking.
- Confidential free 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme:
- Information and Advice
- Vitality wellbeing health promotions
We positively welcome enquiries to meet our Community Palliative Care Team and to have a discussion about what the roles entail. If you would like to contact us for a visit or friendly informal chat please contact: Teresa.email@example.com or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 November 2019
Interview date: week commencing 2 December 2019
Please apply via the NHS job site:
Taunton - Multi-Disciplinary Team Assistant
Yeovil - Multi-Disciplinary Team Assistant
Applicants are advised to read the following documents before applying:
Guidelines for applicants
How we use your personal information