St Margaret’s is looking for new trustees to join the board who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation. We are seeking trustees who will lead support and guide us as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
This is a voluntary role.
If you have experience in the private, public or voluntary sectors, can share in our vision and an enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about the trustee role and the work of St Margaret’s.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference
- A comprehensive training and development package
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Expenses paid
The commitment of a trustee is approximately two meetings per quarter, plus two full days a year. The majority of our meetings are currently held remotely, in the future we are hoping to meet in person for occasional meetings.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for supervising the management and administration of the charity and provides strategic leadership, counsel and advice to the Executive Team.
We are looking for someone to bring their broad based, strategic level expertise in organisational development and HR practice to help:
- Ensure highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, reward and recognition as well as staff and trustee development.
- Assess risks and measure the impact of HR interventions in the light of changing legal requirements, service need and best practice.
- Ensure long-term strategic oversight of the organisation’s personnel and staffing requirements in relation to the overarching goals of the charity.