St Margaret’s is looking for people to join the team who will bring their skills, talent and enthusiasm to the heart of our organisation as we respond to the changing needs of our community.
This is a voluntary role.
If you have qualifications/experience in flower arranging, are looking to develop your skills and can share in our vision and enthusiasm to make a difference, we would love to talk to you about this role and the work of St Margaret’s.
What we offer
- The opportunity to make a real difference
- A comprehensive training and development package
- Additional training courses can be attended if appropriate to the role
- Broadening skills, knowledge and expertise working alongside a diverse range of professions
- Enhance your CV
- Travel expenses paid for some training
- Support from your service coordinator
- Regular update opportunities including. newsletters and events
- The commitment of a Flower volunteer will be discussed and agreed by the volunteer Coordinator/Administrator and the volunteer prior to commencement. A minimum of 3 hrs per month is required.
- You are required to attend induction and update training.
Brief description of main tasks and activities
The flower volunteer is responsible for:
- Rearranging floral tributes (often from funerals) into a more suitable shape before placing on display in the Hospice ensuring they are appropriate for their setting.
- Refresh existing displays of flowers in line with infection control procedures.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Skilled in flower arranging
- People skills
- Transferable skills
- Communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative ideas